A little more than 1/3rd cups (50 gms) KOSH Broken oats
A little more than 2/3rd cup (100 ml) Tur dal
½ tsp Mustard seeds
5-6 Curry patta
3 Onion chopped
50 gms Carrot chopped
50 gms Beans chopped
50 gms Potato chopped
1cup (100 gms) ready BisibeleBhath Masala
1 and ½ cup/260 ml Imli water
Salt to taste
A little less than 5 cups /850 ml Water+50 ml extra
Masala Boondi for Garnish
1. Take a cooker add water to it. Now add all vegetables except onions and then add rice, KOSH broken oats and dal and stir a for 5 minutes.Now pressure cookthe contents for 1 whistle. After 1 whistle switch off the gas and let the whistle settle.This will take 15-20 miutes. After that remove the lid and check if everything is cooked.If yes cover the cooker again and keep aside.
2. In the meanwhile take a kadhai and add oil. Add mustard, curry leaves, green chillies and sauté for 1 minute. Now add onions to it and cook till translucent.
3. Now take bisibeli bhaat masala mixed with 50 ml water and add it to onion mixture and cook for 5 minutes till it thickens up.
4. Now add salt to the above masala and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Then add the ingredients of the cooker in it and cook for 15 minutes till everything mixes well and flavours seep into the oats and also mixture thickens up.