A little less than 1 cup oats/100 gms (Broken Oats)
1 litre milk
Less than1/2 cup or 75 gms Sugar
Cardamom powder to taste
4-5 Blanched and chopped Pistachio
6-7 Blanched and chopped Almond
Dried rose petals for décor(Optional)
Alternatively used sliced apple for decoration and no nuts
1. Dry roast broken oats for 4 to 5 minutes in a kadhai till it becomes light brown and then leave it to cool
2. In a separate pan add milk and let it boil for about 5 minutes till it reduces by 5%
3. Now add cardamom powder to the milk and let it boil for 2-3 minutes till the milk soaks the flavour of cardamom powder.
4. Now add broken oats to the milk and let it boil until it becomes thick and oats are cooked. This will take 20-25 minutes as broken oats takes time to soften up. Eat the milk with oats to check if it is cooked.
5. Then add sugar to the milk and oats mixture and cook till it dissolves.
6. Lastly add blanched and chopped pistachio, almonds and dried rose petals as garnish and serve.